[Michlib-l] Opportunities from the Public Policy & Advocacy Office

Janet O'Keefe jokeefe at fpl.info
Wed Dec 4 10:55:33 EST 2019

Colleagues,

ALA's Public Policy and Advocacy Office is seeking applicants for two opportunities. If you know others who would like to apply, please pass it on even if you aren't interested yourselves.

APPLY FOR GRANTS TO ADVANCE SMALL BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP

IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES—GRANTS OF $50K to $150K

With funding from Google.org (the philanthropic part of Google), we will fund 10-14 libraries to further develop small business/entrepreneurship programs geared towards low-income and/or underrepresented entrepreneurs. First round applications are brief.

http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2019/11/ala-opens-application-libraries-build-business-grants

APPLY TO BECOME PART OF THE ALA POLICY CORPS, COHORT III

ALA is expanding its Policy Corps! Join us in building and amplifying our ability to advocate on key policy issues on behalf of the library community. Participants will focus on issues for which deep and sustained knowledge is necessary to advance ALA policy goals among policymakers. Training and opportunities to participate in targeted national advocacy will be provided to participants.

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/ala-policy-corps-application

Janet T. O'Keefe
Librarian
Flint Public Library