[Michlib-l] Yoga and Meditation Programs

Jill C. Wioskowski jwioskowski at ci.dearborn-heights.mi.us
Sun Dec 8 16:35:54 EST 2019

Greetings!

I am writing to let you know about a couple of unique and inclusive
programs that we have hosted at Caroline Kennedy Library in
collaboration with the Isha Foundation. We have held their Yoga for
Beginners (ages 7 & up) and Meditation for Beginners (ages 12 & up)
several times now with each having good attendance every time we've
had them. All of their programs are free of charge.

Trained instructors with the Isha Foundation facilitate the entirety
of their programs: from collecting RSVPs to room arragement and, of
course, the presentation iteself. They even show up with a crisp white
table cloth for their sign-in table along with fresh yoga mats.

Attendees are given a presentation on the topic with our projector and
screen, after which guided help is provided by the Isha instructors.
After the session, attendees are welcome to stick around to find out
about other free sessions they provide in the area.

Each time we have hosted the Isha Foundation, I have been greeted by
several attendees that are first-time visitors to our library. Very
exciting stuff!

If you would be interested in coming to one of their upcoming events
to see for yourselves, please stop of by Caroline Kennedy Library on
Sunday, February 2 at 1:00 p.m. for Yoga for Beginners or on Sunday,
March 1 at 1:00 p.m. for Yoga for Success.

If you're interested in booking, please contact them at (313) 451-4742
or drop them an email at detroit at ishausa.org

Cheers,

JCW

P.S. In case you're wondering, I have personally sat through and
observed Yoga for Beginners and Meditation for Beginners and I did NOT
find a religious slant or agenda with anything involved.

--
Jill C. Wioskowski, MLIS
Librarian

Dearborn Heights City Libraries: Caroline Kennedy Library
24590 George Street
Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48127

Phone: (313) 791-3823

"My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both
move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding
a bike to the library." -Peter Golkin