[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Evening Learning Commons Clerk - Glen Oaks Community College, Centreville, MI
tnelson at glenoaks.edu
Thu Dec 12 11:56:15 EST 2019
POSITION TITLE: Evening Learning Commons Clerk
REPORTS TO: Director of Learning Commons
POSITION TYPE: GOSSE Level III, Part-Time (25 hours per week) M 1pm – 8pm,
T-Th 2pm -8-pm
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position reports to the Director of
Learning Commons but may also take direction from the Assistant Director of
Learning Commons in the Director’s absence. Employees in this position
perform many support activities to meet the informational and educational
needs of Learning Commons patrons. They assist patrons in the use of
Learning Commons resources, curriculum related software, research via the
library catalog, periodical databases, or the internet, as well as proctor
a variety of tests. They assist patrons and promote Learning Commons
services and resources to students, faculty, and community members.
Examples of duties performed by this position include:
1. Open the Learning Commons and prepare for the day’s responsibilities, or
close the Learning Commons and provide appropriate security such as taking
measures to secure learning commons property, ensuring vacancy of the
premises before closing, etc.
2. Assist students, faculty, and patrons in the use of computer programs
such as Word, Excel, and Access, as well as with password resets.
3. Proctor a variety of tests (on and off campus) including but not limited
to Accuplacer, GOCC tests, Distance Learning tests, and tests sent in from
4. Schedule and track the use of visual aid equipment and read tests to
students with documented reading disabilities.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of electronic materials, databases, the
Internet, and curriculum related software to assist students, faculty and
6. Assist in providing basic reference services on campus and on-line,
referring to the Director of Learning Commons and Library as necessary.
7. Assist in maintaining the circulation functions of the Learning Commons
and in the sending and receiving of InterLibrary Loan requests.
8. Assist with the acquisition, cataloguing, processing and withdrawal of
materials, including maintaining library databases.
9. Maintain statistics on Learning Commons usage.
10. Conduct appropriate communications on behalf of the Learning Commons
and assist with accurate maintenance of Learning Commons schedule.
11. Create and update Learning Commons procedure manuals at the direction
of the Director of Learning Commons and Library.
12. Assist in the training and supervision of the work studies.
13. Other duties within the scope of this position as assigned by their
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP: As assigned.
- Associate Degree in related field.
- Acquire and maintain appropriate testing certifications.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public, faculty, students, work
studies and other staff.
- Accuracy, precision, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and skill in operating standard office machines, audio-visual
equipment, computers and curriculum related software.
- Demonstrated keyboarding ability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library research.
- One (1) year relevant work experience.
- Credentials in curriculum and library related software.
- Experience with web page maintenance.0
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the Human
Resources Department, Glen Oaks Community College, 62249 Shimmel Road,
Centreville, MI 49032. Applications may also be faxed to (269) 467- 4114 or
e-mailed to hr at glenoaks.edu. Position will remain open until or until
*Glen Oaks Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity,
Title IX, Section 504 Employer. This organization participates in E-verify.
For more information, please visit dhs.gov/e-verify
Director of Learning Commons and Library
Glen Oaks Community College
62249 Shimmel Rd.
Centreville, MI 49032
tnelson at glenoaks.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l