[Michlib-l] Study room for one?

Reed, Nyama N.Reed at wfblibrary.org
Tue Dec 17 10:52:49 EST 2019

Hi. I just saw an ad for this online. Study room for one??? It's the size of a phone both with a small desk, air fans, power outlets and room for 1 stool or chair. $3495. By comparison when I looked into the cost of turning a nook area into an extra enclosed study room that was $20k-30k.

Sitting inside it is 36x38 inches. 80 inches tall.

Just putting this out there as an outside the box idea. Has anyone on the list used something like this for solo study rooms? Obviously people wouldn't be able to spread out but they could fit a laptop on the "desk" and have some peace and quiet. FYI, my library currently has only 2 private study rooms and people are always jockeying to get one.

https://files.room.com/Room_One_Spec_Sheet.pdf

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D5B438.B95177F0]              [cid:image008.jpg at 01D5B438.B95177F0]

Sincerely,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Reed
Library Director
N.Reed at WFBLibrary.org
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)

Our Mission
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.

*Please be advised electronic mail becomes a "public record" as allowed under public record laws when sent or received as part of normal business processes.