[Michlib-l] MI Tax forms for Libraries

Katheryn Carrier kcarrier at tadl.org
Fri Feb 1 10:16:43 EST 2019

I contacted Treasury and Sen. Wayne Schmidt and this is the reply from Sen.
Schmidt's office from Treasury:

“Forms go out to libraries, etc. *after the ones that are sent directly to
the taxpayers have a chance to arrive* – otherwise there would be a huge
paper waste."

and a reference to New Developments for Tax Year 2018
<https://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238-43513-454549--,00.html>[image:
New Tax Developments]Annual mailing of instruction booklets

The MI-1040, MI-1040CR-2, MI-1040CR-5 and MI-1040CR-7 instruction
booklets *will
be mailed to taxpayers who paper filed their 2017 return on Michigan
Department of Treasury forms. *Taxpayers who e-filed or had a tax preparer
complete their forms will not be mailed a booklet.

Forms and instructions may be viewed and/or downloaded from our Web site
beginning in January 2019. In addition, commonly used forms will continue
to be available at Michigan Department of Treasury offices, most public
libraries, Northern Michigan post offices, and *Michigan Department of
Health and Human Services (MDHHS) county offices.*

Note: Bulk forms are distributed to libraries and post offices throughout
the state before they are available in Michigan Department of Treasury
offices. Therefore forms may not be requested through the Michigan
Department of Treasury Customer Contact Center until* mid-February*.

All *italics* mine.

Katheryn Carrier
Reference Librarian

Traverse Area District Library