[Michlib-l] Are you applying for the IMLS small library $10-$50K grants due 2/25? How can we help?

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Wed Feb 6 17:07:01 EST 2019

Hi, libraries!

If you are applying for the $10K - $50K in APP funding from the Institute
of Museum and Library Services
<https://www.imls.gov/grants/available/accelerating-promising-practices-small-libraries>
in
the school library category, then you already know that applying for a
federal grant is a little more complicated than you may be used to. Federal
grants are their own "genre," and it can really help novice applicants to
get some feedback prior to submission. Some of us from the Ann Arbor
Hands-On Museum, Library of Michigan, and U-M School of Information want to
help!

   - Feel free to use this checklist
   <https://www.imls.gov/grants/available/accelerating-promising-practices-small-libraries>to
   help you organize your thinking and cross-check your application.

   - A team of folks who have not only written but also reviewed federal
   grants are offering an hour of their time to review your proposal if
   received no later than Friday night, February 15, at 11:59pm. They will
   schedule a call with you to review your proposal with you. We all want you
   to be successful! You can send it to me at font at umich.edu and I'll
   partner you with a reviewer.

   - Trust us: You CAN and SHOULD contact the IMLS program officer in
   charge of the category you are applying to (Community Memory: Sarah Fuller,
   sfuller at imls.gov, 202.653.4783; digital inclusion James Neal
   jneal at imls.gov, 202.653.4740.  Both have a keen eye and an understanding
   of the kinds of projects that reviewers tend to warm through. They can't
   tell you *if *something will be funded (they bring in review panels who
   make those recommendations), they have given me and others a lot of great
   advice about how to massage the proposal so your ideas shine.

I hope we can help you with your proposal. And if you haven't started ...
you still have time ... if you hurry!

Kristin

--
Kristin Fontichiaro