[Michlib-l] Checking in with CADL

Butler, Rhonda butlerr at myjdl.com
Sun Feb 17 23:17:40 EST 2019

Congratulations Trent.  Awesome Success!

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 1:43 PM -0500, "Smiley,Trent via Michlib-l" <michlib-l at mcls.org<mailto:michlib-l at mcls.org>> wrote:

Hello all,
Here’s some news from Capital Area District Libraries.

Angie Thomas – CADL and Delta Township District Library are delighted to welcome Angie Thomas, author of the 2019 Capital Area Reads selection, The Hate U Give<https://opac.cadl.org/search~S15/X?SEARCH=(hate%20u%20give)&SORT=D> to Holt High School, April 16 at 7 pm. This award-winning, #1 New York Times bestseller was recently released as a critically-acclaimed film. Books will be available for sale and signing.

Registration is required: https://www.cadl.org/event/400622

Student Success – CADL is excited to rollout our first group (550 students) of Student Success members, piloting with

Webberville Community Schools. No physical library cards will be issued. Students can check out items by verbally providing their student number or showing student ID. The school district agreed to share student directory information with CADL. Checkouts are limited to three items at a time and formats are limited to books, magazines and audiobooks. Students can also our digital collection and public computers. Residency is determined by the location of the school, not by where the student lives.

Cover Song Contest – Last summer, CADL invited local singers and bands to cover Right Here, a song we use in our branding commercials. It was just announced that our winner, The Swift Brothers will perform at Common Ground Music Festival with country music star Cole Swindell. This was made possible through our promotional partnership with the music festival. Video: https://www.theswiftbros.com/newmusic/

Trenton

Trenton M. Smiley
Marketing & Communications Director
Capital Area District Libraries-Administration
401 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-6348 | smileyt at cadl.org<mailto:smileyt at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cadl.org&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=3rbAsyBXjj2NNLBsgfvAFXBIOTtrw486OCi5yA3tUNc&e=> | facebook.com/cadlibrary<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_cadlibrary-3Fref-3Dhl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=Mh_HT9zWTBaQYNJrkGn5UQkZsHahpNWPo3T1jUZsMTo&e=> | twitter.com/cadl<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twitter.com_cadl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=kjEu80TS31ymwngLwD5AH2BEd7u0lbjJEff7iRegUfQ&e=>