[Michlib-l] Spring Special Needs Services Roundtable (SNSR) meeting

Jen Taggart taggartj at btpl.org
Wed Feb 20 10:43:38 EST 2019

Library staff and library science students are welcome to join us for our spring SNSR meeting at Grand Valley State University!

Agenda:
Special Needs Services Roundtable (SNSR) meeting 4/11/19     1 – 3 p.m.
(Host: Mary Idema Pew Library, Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI)

Welcome & Introductions

Professional enrichment:
1 – 2 pm
Discussion with Annie Belanger, Dean, University Libraries (GVSU)
Topics: “Accessible Customer Service” and “Planning with Accessibility in Mind”
Annie has over 20 years of experience focusing on accessibility, inclusion, and the student experience in libraries. We will then take a tour of the Mary Idema Pew Library, a fantastic example of universal design in libraries that will give librarians working with patrons of all ages and abilities (in all types of libraries) some fantastic inclusive ideas to take back to their library.

2 pm
Group tours of the Mary Idema Pew Library, GVSU
https://www.gvsu.edu/library/mary-idema-pew-library-21.htm

Wrap – up: Informal roundtable discussion/networking time
Accessibility issues?
New programs or services?
New resources/vendors?
New assistive technology?

**Space is limited. RSVP/registration (free) will be first-come-first-serve. Please RSVP to taggartj at btpl.org by March 25.

Jen Taggart
Assistant Department Head, Youth Services
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
www.btpl.org<http://www.btpl.org/>