[Michlib-l] SEMLOL Spring Meeting March 29

SEMLOL Executive Board semlol.board at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:04:26 EST 2019

Good afternoon,

Registration
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/library-on-a-dime-free-or-low-cost-ideas-for-your-library-tickets-56926723362>
is
now open for the SEMLOL Spring Meeting.

Please join us on Friday, March 29, 2019, from 1-4 p.m. at Davenport
University Warren for the program, Library on a Dime: Free or Low-Cost
Ideas for Your Library.

There are many free or low-cost applications that can benefit your library.
These presentations will look at a few of them:

"Implementing Koha LIS: Saving Money and Getting Better Service with Open
Source"

Amy Seipke (College for Creative Studies)

"Open Source Graphic Design Software: What Can I Do with Determination,
Time, and No Formal Training Whatsoever?"
Clayton Hayes (Wayne State University)

"Do-It-Yourself Database Usage Analytics"
Tim Streasick (University of Michigan - Dearborn)

"Slack(ing) in the Library: Group Chat Enhances Productivity"
Karen Reiman-Sendi (University of Michigan)

Program also includes the annual election and time for facilitated
networking .

Registrations received before March 25 will secure the early bird rate of
$15. Registration on or after March 25 is $20. LIS students are encouraged
to attend at the special rate of only $10 throughout the entire
registration period.

Parking is free and light refreshments will be served.

Please see the attached flyer for more details.

We look forward to seeing everyone in March!

Holly Sorscher
*Acting Chair*

SEMLOL Executive Board
Southeastern Michigan League of Libraries
www.semlol.org