[Michlib-l] Library Consignment

Melissa Huisman mhuisman at hudsonville.org
Wed Jan 9 09:46:30 EST 2019

Hi!  I have never heard of this company, but we have been using SellZee (also known as Book Genie) for the past six months and, once we got the hang of using the app, it has been working great.  Currently I have 7 boxes of books that are being picked up today worth close to $400.

Basically, you use their app to scan the isbn, it tells you immediately if someone wants it, and it shows you what you will be paid for it.  Once you get some boxes together, you schedule a shipment and they come pick it up and give you a check – right on the spot.

Below is an example of the email I received when I submit a scanning session.  The contact info for them is listed there if you are interested.
(The man who designed the app is from Michigan and is a very avid friend of libraries.  He will work with you to set up your account to suit your needs – whether you want to sell a lot for a little (if you have no space or don’t do Amazon selling), or be more choosy and sell fewer items for more money.  It is very customizable. )