[Michlib-l] Announcing the 2019 lineup of History Skills Workshops from the Historical Society of Michigan

Historical Society of Michigan hsm at hsmichigan.org
Wed Jan 9 16:43:21 EST 2019

Announcing the 2019 lineup of
History Skills Workshops
from the Historical Society of Michigan

These training opportunities help historical organizations and interested
history advocates gain skills that can be applied in museums, organizations,
and personal collections.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

See our 2019 lineup of workshops below!

.         January 25 - Preparing for the Worst: Disaster Planning for
Historical Organizations

.         February 15 - Telling the Tale: Jump-Starting Your Historical
Writing Project

.         March 8 - Archives 101

.         March 29 - Taming the Chaos: Collections Management for Small
Museums

.         April 12 - Putting the "Fun" in Fund-Raising

.         May 3 - Making the List: Nominating a Building to the State and/or
National Register of Historic Places

.         May 17 - Oral History 201

.         June 7 - Acting 101: Playing Your Part

.         June 21 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Portraying the
Challenging Side of History

.         July 12 - Keeping It Organized: Collections Registration and
Cataloging

.         July 26 - Archives 201

.         August 16 - Start 'Em Early: Engaging Young Historians

.         September 6 - If These Walls Could Talk: Researching Your Historic
House

.         September 20 - Museum Newbies--How Do I . . . ?

.         October 11 - Keeping Cemeteries Alive! Preserving Headstones and
Monuments

.         October 25 - Putting It in Print: Publishing Your History Book

.         November 8 - Fading Photos II: Digitizing Your Visual Collections

.         November 22 - Renovation SOS: Respectful Rehabilitation of Your
Old House

.         December 6 - Getting Seen and Being Heard: Marketing for Small
Historical Organizations

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

  _____

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

19 on-site workshops for 2019!

It's our biggest workshop schedule ever!

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer, through Zoom Video
Communications and can interact with the speaker and other attendees.*

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

. Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Meijer Education Center at
the Historical Society of Michigan, 5815 Executive Dr., Lansing, Michigan.

. If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that
itself is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

. Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Household
membership.

. For in-person attendees, refreshments will be available. Lunch is on your
own.

. Materials are included with your registration. Any handouts from the
presenter will be sent to remote attendees after the workshop.

*For full interaction, microphone and webcam are required on your device.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line. If you received this e-mail as part of your participation in
the Michlib-l mailing list (listserv), please follow their removal process.