[Michlib-l] The Research Institute for Public Libraries is coming to MIchigan!!

Hamlin, Joseph (MDE) HamlinJ2 at michigan.gov
Fri Jan 11 16:31:59 EST 2019

We are proud to announce that we will be offering a Regional RIPL event here in Lansing on August 7th and 8th!

Are you a data champion in your library? Are you interested in building your evaluation and data use skills? Do you want to learn some very effective techniques for using data to improve library services, for strategic planning or to demonstrate the importance and impact of your library?  If so, this 2 day workshop is for you.

Kathy Kosinski and I have both had the opportunity to attend the full RIPL workshop in the past and we can tell you that this workshop is very well organized,  jam packed with useful information and collaborative opportunities and was a pleasure to attend.  At 2 days long, this shorter regional version promises to be just as impactful.

This regional event will be open to 50 participants and travel scholarships are available for participants from small and rural libraries.  The registration fee is $50 and includes breakfast and lunch both days of the event.

Some travel stipends (covering the registration fee, transportation, lodging, and meals), provided by Institute of Museum and Library Services<https://www.facebook.com/USIMLS/?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARBr9Mgvxzkv8a4CACcVOPUSvPDuPG1LOOuzPYL3dSTqJaLbwJaRWaUMRb5VrUpsRpbcNK3sWw4R0O1C&fref=mentions&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBKnhvXLGFLN4W7b1xJI4Jz0iwyu9NYLoX-aCF6wC2dmpR8pz9VQWgUmop3BUh-ADontFfjXaw3r4PEgf_wZqYgBX5IY3b1QQTwkqw763XrqnH-OQzaL4Wyl8ezLk2jC2MSuZeIsttsP5sXWs8_Z_HP-rsOrqrYwupRnLXCT4FUkzh0N6pc1wVKDCDeJrabFHz0vFEuGG051MgUOyjFoF0oexD6trzF4oqqdWMcoiNSgU6nr-cfFEQtOjOZPK88WZ9xNFwJArKJHcmO4175V5UVVG_SBnE9VYIkFRkpRXxScLD5jUxR97W4w_XMlVfPrYsVx2HnvVVyATb5Hg> and the Library of Michigan, will be available to participants working in small and rural public libraries in the United States. Information about the travel stipend application process will be available on February 4, 2019.

Visit the event webpage<https://ripl.lrs.org/mi2019/> for more information.

And as always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Joe

Joseph Hamlin
Library Data Coordinator