[Michlib-l] Have a Voice in ALA and AASL - Vote!

Zervos, Cynthia cynthia.zervos at mimame.org
Fri Jan 18 11:23:16 EST 2019

It is an exciting time to be a school librarian in Michigan and a member of
MAME.  Past President, Lisa Brakel is a candidate on the 2019 ALA ballot
<http://www.ala.org/aasl/about/elections>.  Lisa will seek the 2020-2021
AASL presidential term.  MAME whole-heartedly endorses Lisa Brakel for AASL
President-Elect.  Lisa has served the school librarians in Michigan for
several years.  As AASL President, we know that she will continue to do
great things for school librarians on a much larger scale.  Show your
support by voting for Lisa Brakel in the upcoming election.

In order to be eligible to vote, you MUST renew your ALA/AASL membership
prior to January 31, 2019.  If you haven’t already renewed your membership,
please renew <http://www.ala.org/aasl/about/join> it today.

Ballot mailing for the 2019 election will begin on March 11 and will close
at 11:59 p.m. on April 3, 2019.

Please note that Lance Werner, Director of the Kent District Libraries, is
running for ALA President-Elect.  We encourage you to show your support for
both Lisa and Lance when you vote!

--
Cynthia J. Zervos
*MAME President*

*AASL Association of American University Presses (AAUP) Book Selection
Committee*
*AASL Public Charter Infographic Taskforce*