[Michlib-l] odor on materials

Mary June mjune at lssu.edu
Tue Jul 16 14:08:53 EDT 2019

Actually I have used kitty litter and a plastic bin. I set a smaller box
(upside down) into the center of a larger bin. Then I poured kitty litter
around the center box but not over it. You can then set a book or several
books on the raised box. Do not let the books touch the kitty litter. Close
top of plastic bin and let sit for several days or longer until smell is
gone.

It has worked for both smoky and musty books.

Mary June
Academic Librarian
Lake Superior State University Library
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783