[Michlib-l] Hoopla demand and checkout settings

Alexis Tharp alexis.tharp at westlandlibrary.org
Thu Jul 18 13:24:21 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

We're looking to increase our Hoopla usage, as well as adjust our checkout settings and budget caps to meet demand. If your library uses Hoopla, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

1.       What is your monthly checkout limit per patron on Hoopla?

2.       Do you limit available items by price? For example, excluding items from the catalog that cost more than $3.99 per checkout, etc.

3.       How do you typically handle increased demand for Hoopla? For example, from time to time we've had to increase the month's Hoopla budget in response to patrons hitting the daily spending limit, a problem that tends to snowball once it starts.

Thanks in advance for any feedback! Please reply off-list; I'll be happy to compile responses for the group if anyone's interested.

Best,

Alexis Tharp
pronouns: she/her/hers

Reference Librarian
William P. Faust Public Library of Westland
www.westlandlibrary.org