[Michlib-l] Exciting New Logo for Presque Isle District Library

Amber Alexander director at pidl.org
Wed Jul 31 14:03:44 EDT 2019

Presque Isle District Library Unveils a New Logo

Library's New Logo Announces a New Decade of goals and vision

Rogers City-As we fast forward into a new decade, 2020 is a year of
celebration for the Presque Isle District Library. The new logo depicts the
library's image of new beginnings and opportunities. "Designing a new logo
for the library was important to us as we move into the new decade and
celebrate the library's 75th anniversary in 2020", stated Amber Alexander,
Library Director. "We wanted an image that people could interpret in
different ways. Some saw a design of the sun rising in the east over Lake
Huron; others saw open pages of a book, and even a seagull flying in front
of the sun."

However one interprets the new logo, it reflects the library's mission to
connect with the community and get a better understanding of what the
community wants and what the community needs from their library...and this
is a top priority. It is that initiative and passion of the library's board,
management, and staff to set new goals to build and strengthen these
connections with the public in order to offer a vibrant and dynamic library
system now and for the future.

Since the acquisition of the Rogers City Theater in 2016, the opportunities
to engage professional musical entertainment from all over the world
continues to gain exposure; a variety of film festivals and special
community events is on-going throughout the year; and the Rogers City
Community Theatre continues to expand its theatrical productions providing a
venue for our area youth and senior population to express their creativity
in the theater arts.

The upcoming Smithsonian Exhibit, "Crossroads: Change in Rural America" will
be hosted at the Rogers City Area Senior and Community Center from March 21
through May 3, 2020 and explores the past, present, and future of rural
American communities. On behalf of northeast Michigan, Presque Isle District
Library was selected as one of six sites in Michigan to host the Smithsonian
Exhibit. Special programming and events are planned throughout the year that
focus on the exhibit's themes of Identity, Land, Community, and
Persistence/Change.

The library remains and continues to aspire to be the Community's
Connection. New opportunities. New ideas. New vision for 2020.

Amber Alexander,MLIS

Library Director

Presque Isle District Library

181 E. Erie Street