[Michlib-l] Supervised Visits

Marla Drury mdrury at alma.lib.mi.us
Mon Jun 3 17:21:33 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Our library has been seeing a big increase in the number of supervised
visits we've been getting. While we're happy to provide space for the
families to be able to see each other, it is beginning to be a burden to
staff and stressful for our other patrons. We've been having several patron
complaints while the visits are occurring, and our children's area is often
left in shambles because they don't clean up when they go. Does any library
have a specific policy regarding supervised visits? Do you have any
recommendations on how we can discuss behavioral issues with this group?
It's already a delicate situation for the parents and we don't want to add
more stress, but we also need to respect the other patrons we have during
these times. Thanks!

Signature