[Michlib-l] Reference Practices

King, Barb bking at sccl.lib.mi.us
Wed Jun 5 11:41:04 EDT 2019

The reference librarians at the St. Clair County Library in Port Huron have been asked to develop a new reference practice plan for our library system.  How is reference service delivered in your library system?  We are interested in such things as staffing, hours , and  physical location of public service desks.   At this time the reference librarians here are all located in the basement of the library and are on call.   Do you have professional librarians doing reference?  How many hours per week?   Is there a separate reference desk or a combined public service station?   How is reference service delivered at your branch libraries as opposed to service at the main library? Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Yours truly,
Barbara King
Reference Services Senior Librarian
St. Clair County Library