[Michlib-l] Job Posting - Part-time Librarian

Jenny Marr jmarr at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Wed Jun 5 14:20:39 EDT 2019

The Ferndale Area District Library has an opening for a part-time
Librarian. The position details are attached. Please excuse cross-postings.

FADL is a Class IV library serving a population of around 20,000 in
Ferndale, MI. We are looking for a well-rounded librarian who can work the
service desks in both the adult and youth areas. Our main need is for
weekend coverage, and we want someone who can work independently and be a
leader for other staff, functioning as the person in charge in the absence
of a supervisor. FADL is open 7 days a week and we want patrons to receive
the same excellent customer service regardless of what day of the week they
visit. We provide continuing education and development opportunities to our
staff so that they may grow and be successful in their career path.

Position: Librarian, part-time, about 20 hours per week, but there is some
flexibility based on employee’s schedule availability

Reports to: Adult and Youth Department Heads

Hourly rate: $20 - $24 per hour

Application Deadline: Priority given to applications received by June 21,
2019 with interviews to progress quickly, but the position will remain open
until filled. Position will start as soon as possible.

How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and application to Jenny
Marr, Library Director:   jmarr at ferndalepubliclibrary.org

Questions may be directed to Jenny Marr at above email or 248-547-6000.

*Jenny Marr*
Director
Ferndale Area District Library
(Library) 248-546-2504