[Michlib-l] Stipends

Amber Alexander director at pidl.org
Wed Jun 5 18:58:15 EDT 2019

Do any of the libraries offer travel stipends to program presenters?  Or gas
cards?  As the district, we try to do this; however, various branches have
either had the Friends offer a  gas card, or the Friends think all programs
should be free, that there should be no incentive to the program presenter.
I would like to see us be more consistent with what we offer, but also
financially manageable for each of the Friends groups and/or library.  Also,
we were thinking of a stipend price for in-district presenters vs.
out-of-district presenters.  These would be programs where someone, maybe
local, comes in and talks about bees, or quilting, etc.  Not the BIG
programs where a fee is negotiated up front in scheduling the presenter that
around $350 or more.

Open to discussion and seeing what other libraries/friends do.

Amber Alexander,MLIS

Library Director

Presque Isle District Library

181 E. Erie Street