[Michlib-l] Part-Time Youth Services Librarian Position

Tracy Bedford bedfordt at cidlibrary.org
Tue Jun 11 10:44:53 EDT 2019

Hey there!  Are you just finishing up your MLIS and looking for a new exciting opportunity?  We are looking for a part-time Children's librarian to join our fun and creative Youth Services department.  We've got lots of exciting programming going on this summer and we'd love to have you join our team!  Check out our posting and reply with a resume and cover letter by June 24.

Part-time Children's Librarian
The Clarkston Independence District Library seeks an enthusiastic, organized individual to join a positive, team-oriented work environment.

Salary:  $18.00-$24.00 per hour (depending on qualifications)
Hours:  18-27.5 hours per week

Primary job duties:
Duties include, but are not limited to:

*       Initiates, plans, and conducts a variety of programs and activities to encourage the use of the library by children and teens

*       Provides direct assistance to patrons with basic information regarding use of library material, equipment, and services at the combined youth/adult information desk.

*       Maintains and cultivates contact with parents and other family members, the public, schools, teachers, other libraries, state and regional library associations, and other professional organizations

*       Responsible for development of assigned collections

*       Attends and participates in staff meetings and discussions

*       Perform other library duties as assigned

Qualifications:

*         Master's degree in Library and Information Science or significant completion thereof

*         Professional and enthusiastic attitude towards providing public library service to patrons of all ages

*         Experience working with children ages 0-18

*         A desire to serve the public in a positive manner

*         Familiarity with popular reading materials and genre collections

*         Strong oral and written communication skills

*         Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships

*         Knowledge of Integrated Library systems, Polaris preferred

*         Familiarity with electronic databases and MeL resources

*         Knowledge of popular office computer programs

*         Ability to lift, push and/or pull at least 20 pounds

*         Flexibility to work varied hours
Reports to:        Head of Children's and Teen Services

Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by email, mail or fax to:
Tracy Bedford, Head of Children's and Teen Services
Clarkston Independence District Library
6495 Clarkston Road, Clarkston, MI 48346
bedfordt at cidlibrary.org
Fax: 248.625.8852
Deadline for applications: June 24, 2019 at 5:00pm
An Equal Opportunity Employer

[Tracy 1]