[Michlib-l] $1, 000 for your library to provide patrons with digital skills is now available
White, Shannon (MDE)
WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Fri Jun 21 14:07:14 EDT 2019
Don't forget to apply by July 22 to get one of the many Grow With Google grants available to Michigan public libraries.
You can find a copy of the short application on the Public Library Association site above.
Share how your library is assisting job seekers and empowering small business owners with digital skills!
Select one of the Grow with Google resources here, https://grow.google/, to integrate into a new or existing workshop, class, event, etc. and submit your idea via our simple application.
Accepted libraries receive:
* Funding - $1,000 with minimal application and reporting requirements, with the opportunity to receive an additional $3,000 bonus if your program is selected for a Spotlight Award (view more details).
* Marketing support - ALA and Google can help get the word out about your program with social media guidance, marketing assets, and more.
* Technical guidance - Have questions about curriculum resources or programs? Ask Google! Need some best practices in library programming? PLA is here to help!
* A community of practice - Troubleshoot challenges and share ideas with other libraries that receive funding alongside ALA, PLA, and Google.
* Advocacy tools - Use our impact evaluation tools and advocacy resources to create and sustain the digital skills plan for your community.
Check out the PLA site for FAQs and more to help you submit an application.
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
517.335.1507, whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l