[Michlib-l] program recommendations

North Adams Library northadamslibrary at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 12:05:01 EDT 2019

We have had some wonderful programs this summer!

Joel Tacey was here to kick off our Summer Reading. It was the third time
we have had him come to our library. The kids just love him.

Paul McCormack came with his Classroom Critters. He is great with kids!
Plus, he has all the animals. You might get to see...a bonded pair of
doves, a tree frog, Madagascar hissing cockroaches, mice, a chinchilla, a
baby possum, lizards, a blue-tongued skink, and snakes. He varies what he
brings. This time there were also tiny, rescued birds that had to be fed.
He took care of that, or our staff. These were the only ones they were not
allowed to touch. Some things they are even allowed to hold. And if they
don't want to, he does not force anyone.

Yesterday, we had A2Magic here. Jeff Wawrzaszek presented a magic show that
was different from Joel Tacey's, but also very much enjoyed by everyone who
attended. He engaged the kids and they were eager to volunteer to help with
tricks. He even incorporated some of the adults in the room.

All were affordable, even for our small library, and all were worth the
price.

Phyllis

------
Phyllis Rickard
Director
North Adams Community Memorial Library (zv245)
110 E. Main St., PO Box 248
North Adams, MI 49262
517-287-4426
northadamslibrary at gmail.com