[Michlib-l] Bulk Order Opportunity: Creating a Tween Collection: A Practical Guide For Librarians

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Mar 20 09:46:59 EDT 2019

Good Morning,

TLN is pleased to share the news of a bulk order opportunity for a forthcoming book written by a librarian at our own Livonia Public Library! Please see the attached for information concerning Karen Smith's new book.

This is the first title to be published in the genre of tween collection development. Two earlier books, both published in 2014, focused on the topic of developing library programs for tweens.

The discount for pre-orders for the book is 30% off the list price of $65.00. In terms of shipping costs, the best estimate I have from the publisher is that the total shipping charge for 100 copies shipped to TLN would be approximately $110.00.

Finally, TLN will assess a $1.00 per copy charge in order to help partially offset the cost of this coordinated, statewide bulk order project.

Please send your orders to me by no later than Friday, April 19.

Thanks, and congratulations to Karen on her new book!

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager
The Library Network