[Michlib-l] Tobin Buhk, Michigan true crime author program

David Stokes dstokes at milfordlibrary.info
Wed Mar 20 15:45:06 EDT 2019

Hello Folks,

We had Michigan true crime author Tobin Buhk at our library last night and
he was *very *well received.
Tobin is very engaging, entertaining & knowledgeable on his topic.

His presentation, "Michigan's Most Dangerous Women," ties-in with his 10th
and most recent book *Wicked Women of Detroit*.

For the 1st time in my 11 + years at our library we actually maxed out the
registration for this program;
and, even though they didn't all attend last night, we had over 60 patrons
show up to listen to his presentation--and buy copies of his books
afterwards.
Many of our patrons on the way out also asked that we have him back again,
too.

I know he's been making the rounds all over the state as programs about
Michigan, and true crime in particular, are both popular;
but, nonetheless, I wanted to recommend him to folks out there in
libraryland if you've not caught wind of him, or were maybe on the fence
about hosting him.

Yours truly,

David M. Stokes
Adult Services Librarian