[Michlib-l] Question about alcohol tethers

Scott Wright swright at dexter.lib.mi.us
Thu Mar 28 15:10:33 EDT 2019

We were approached today by a person wanting to hook their "Alcohol Scram"
ankle tether up to our phone line to upload test results to their parole
officer.  According to the person, their parole officer said the local
library would be able to assist them with this and they'd be needing to do
it twice weekly for the duration of their parole.

We were wondering:  Is this something you've encountered / supported?  Our
phones are all IP based so in order to facilitate this we'd need to unhook a
fax machine.
Scott Wright
Technology Librarian
Dexter District Library