[Michlib-l] Question about alcohol tethers

Bill Wines bwines at commercelibrary.info
Thu Mar 28 15:55:30 EDT 2019

Well, according to the company brochure, "99.3% of clients are completely
sober and compliant every day"!

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:13 PM Stanczak, Cindy via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Wow.  Nope, that's a new one on me.
>
> *Cynthia Stanczak*
> Library Director
> Albion District Library
> 501 S. Superior St.
> Albion, MI  49224
> (517) 629-3993
>
> Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
> Proudly serving our community since 1919.
> Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!
>

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:11 PM Scott Wright via Michlib-l <
> michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:
>
>> We were approached today by a person wanting to hook their “Alcohol
>> Scram” ankle tether up to our phone line to upload test results to their
>> parole officer.  According to the person, their parole officer said the
>> local library would be able to assist them with this and they’d be
>> needing to do it twice weekly for the duration of their parole.
>>
>> We were wondering:  Is this something you’ve encountered / supported?
>> Our phones are all IP based so in order to facilitate this we’d need to
>> unhook a fax machine.

Bill Wines
Circulation & Technical Services Manager
Commerce Township Community Library
180 E. Commerce Rd.
Commerce Twp., MI 48382
Ph. 248.669.8108 ext.102
Fax 248.387.6233

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is