[Michlib-l] Processing Paperbacks Question

Adrianne Schinkai amschinkai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:35:58 EDT 2019

Happy Friday everyone!

I have a question from my clerks that maybe someone out there can help with.

My library has been receiving increasing numbers of paperback books
(typically mass market paperbacks) that have a glossy film over the cover
that detaches from the cover proper when laminated with Demco laminate.
This leaves the laminate almost like a loose sleeve over the cover. Is
anyone else having this problem, and if so what actions is your library
taking to deal with this problem beyond cutting the laminate off and
re-laminating them?
Thanks all! Have a good one!

--
Adrianne M. Schinkai