[Michlib-l] The Cost of Moving a Library

Smith, Steve ssmith at ci.dearborn.mi.us
Fri Mar 29 14:23:59 EDT 2019

We are trying to get some benchmarking on what it costs to move the contents of a library.

Has anyone moved the entire contents of their library (books and furniture) into storage or another facility? If so, what was the square footage of the facility that you moved from and what were your costs?

We need to empty the majority of the contents from Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn for three to four months for a major renovation project. We are trying to determine what we can expect for moving costs.

Please reply offlist to me. Thank you all and wish us luck.

Steven F. Smith
Administrative Librarian

Dearborn Public Library
16301 Michigan Avenue