[Michlib-l] elevators

Paul McCann pmccann at dexter.lib.mi.us
Thu May 16 11:59:19 EDT 2019

Greetings everyone,

Dexter District Library is coming up on the end of a contract for
ongoing elevator maintenance and repairs and we are looking at options.
When we constructed the building, the original service contract was with
the manufacturer and had a 10 year duration.  I am starting to look at
options as there are some fairly specific rollover conditions in the
current contract as well as some performance issues.

Any input on the following would be appreciated:

If you have an elevator in your building, do you use a company other
than the manufacturer for continuing maintenance service and repairs?

If you have used both the manufacturer and separate service company, are
there any specific advantages or drawbacks to either relationship?

If you created an RFP, would you be willing to share?

If you did an RFP and stayed with the manufacturer, did the process help
to correct and issues or make terms any more favorable for the library?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Paul McCann

--