[Michlib-l] Audiobook vendor information

alicia at colomapubliclibrary.net alicia at colomapubliclibrary.net
Wed May 22 15:16:24 EDT 2019

We are researching library audiobook vendors and plans, as we are up for
renewal on our annual contract/plan with TEI Landmark Audio. I wondered if
any libraries would be willing to share their experiences with other
audiobook vendors, good and bad?  I am especially interested in if other
companies offer an alternative to the advance purchase plan (where you have
to spend down a balance within the 12 months or forfeit those funds), and
how much of a discount to libraries are given. TEI Landmark just added a $1
surcharge on every audiobook purchase into the contract; I am curious if
other companies are raising their costs as well?

You can send me a direct email with thoughts at
<mailto:alicia at colomapubliclibrary.net> alicia at colomapubliclibrary.net.
Thanks in advance!

Alicia Ford

Assistant Director