[Michlib-l] An Unique and Interesting Program with Ken Siver

Anna Barlow Anna.Barlow at troymi.gov
Thu May 23 17:30:56 EDT 2019

Hi everyone!

Have you ever come across a criminal or con artist while digging through your family history? Ken Siver, Southfield Mayor and historian, did. In his latest book, An Uncommon Criminal: The Extraordinary Life of Edwin Turner Osbaldeston, he presents the biography of his great-grandfather, recounting his 70-year crime spree in which he pretended to be a doctor, professor, war hero and more.

We recently hosted Ken here at the Troy Public Library; it was a great program where we enjoyed so many tales and anecdotes of how he and his family uncovered the true story of Edwin Turner Osbaldeston.  Ken is a very engaging speaker and gave an excellent presentation.

If you would like to arrange this program for your library, you can contact Ken at kensonsiver at aol.com<mailto:kensonsilver at aol.com>? or 248-569-4286.?

Anna

?  Anna Barlow | Librarian, Adult Services
510 W Big Beaver

Troy, Michigan 48084

248.524.3534

https://troypl.org/