[Michlib-l] Baby Changing question

Kat Boyer librarykat.15 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 12:48:06 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

So, this may seem like a strange question, but I wanted to put it out
there.  We have older bathrooms that don't have a baby changing station in
them and are not in a place to change that anytime soon.  We do have a
counter that people can use (which I realize is not ideal).  People have
been changing their babies on our couches and on the floor in our
Children's Department.  I've been telling the people doing this that they
need to use either the bathrooms, or some other option instead of the
Children's Department furniture and floor.  I hate to be inhospitable to
families, but I am concerned about the safety and biohazard with a little
one being changed out in the open of our department.  Have any of you dealt
with a similar situation?

Kat Boyer
Director
Benton Harbor Public Library