[Michlib-l] Are you shopping for a new website?

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Tue May 28 09:01:20 EDT 2019

Greetings,

Are you shopping for a new website? Did you know that the Library of Michigan subsidizes a website template and hosting solution called Ploud with federal LSTA dollars? It's best suited for small and rural libraries but we have several Class 5 & 6 participants. The product scales according to your needs.

*        Cost to the libraries is $206 a year
o   Includes a choice of four templates with a variety of color schemes, hosting, and help desk provided by vendor Enfold Systems
o   Includes orientation webinars and in-person, regional, hands-on training with Library of Michigan and experienced program staff

*        Visit the program homepage at: https://michlibrary.org and watch one or more of the videos there to get an idea of how it works.
o   The program homepage also has a list of all the participants. Want to see a few examples in a variety of library sizes? Check out:
*        Buchanan District Library<https://www.buchananlibrary.org/>
*        Cadillac Wexford Public Library<https://www.cadillaclibrary.org/>
*        Dorothy Hull Library<https://windsor-township.ploud.net/>
*        Bayliss Public Library<https://bayliss.ploud.net/>

*        You can also call Sonya Norris at LM at 517-335-1498 or email her at mailto:norriss2 at michigan.gov to screen share and get a tour under the hood.

*        Now is the perfect time to join. You'd have the summer to get situated with your template and take advantage of the two orientation webinars offered by Sonya and then register for an all-day fall training class.

Ploud serves 1/4 of all the libraries in the state and about half of the small and rurals in the lower peninsula. We'd love to have you on board, too!

#IMLSGrant

Sonya Schryer Norris
Library Consultant
Library of Michigan