[Michlib-l] Adult Services Librarian position at Hartland's Cromaine Library available

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Tue May 28 16:26:58 EDT 2019

*Cromaine Is the Cultural Center of Hartland…and our community appreciates
that*

We’ve expanded in building and staffing and have the resources for our
staff to continue to create new and innovate traditional library services
and collections. As the Cultural Center of Hartland, Hartland’s Cromaine is
expected by its community to offer music and art, as well as all of the
science, engineering and technology engagement possible for all ages. *We
have a 30-hour Adult Services Librarian position *available with
collection, outreach, and programming responsibilities for adults. All of
our Librarians are cross-trained for Adult, Youth, Teen, and Circulation.
You may not do a story time, but you’ll probably assist with desk coverage
in Youth, Teen, and at Circulation as well as some other programming (a
summer reading circus, anyone?) If you have some special interests and
skills, we’ll find a way for you to share those with our community, too! In
2017, Hartland’s Cromaine celebrated its 90th year of service and in 2018
we launched a new strategic plan that has lots of challenges for us all.  *Our
mission is to deliver robust and vital activities to learn, discover, and
connect. If that matters to you, too, then we need you! *

Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of M-59 and
US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Hartland’s Cromaine (built in 1927, expanded in 1980, and again in 2017)
has the elegant Community Room, a large physical collection and large
digital collection, plus two new smaller meeting rooms, a Youth Program
Room, and three new study rooms as a result of the little addition to this
building. In addition, beginning July 2019, we become the operations
manager for the Hartland Music Hall, a cultural treasure and performance
venue. *We have a serious commitment to outreach, participating in many
events and exhibits beyond our walls* as well as finding new ways to be
active outside this building in a busy community.

            Cromaine wins grants, including several National Endowment for
the Arts’ The Big Read. Grants for technology in Youth and Teen, local
business sponsorships for the summer concert series, exhibits from the
Smithsonian, and to be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a place
to explore culture, music, technology, makers, as well as reading in every
format. *Many of the grants support a very full event calendar* (check it
out at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG).   We offer Libby plus Advantage, hoopla, and RB
Digital Magazines, Audiobooks, and plan to offer Artist Works. We also
offer Kanopy and Universal Class services supporting our lifelong learners.
We welcome new technologies and ways to improve collections and services,
taking seriously every patron request for both popular materials and those
more esoteric. *Effective July 1, we pay MLS librarians from $19.87 to
$20.89 per hour to start*; 30 hours per week with half-hour paid lunch on
8-hour days; includes some evenings and weekends with Sundays at time and
one-half. MLA membership and national conference attendance (in rotation)
paid. Part-time positions at Cromaine have paid time off (36 hours per year
for 30-hour, prorated for start date and available after completion of the
3-month introductory period), plus holiday pay, paid birthday, and paid
bereavement leave. You may purchase several AFLAC plans at the library’s
rate with a pre-tax deduction.

Share your love for popular materials, new technologies, and public service
with a community that loves its library and its library staff even more.
Send your application (available at WWW.CROMAINE.ORG), resume and a cover
letter to “Librarian” at PO Box 308. Or send by email (preferred to be
“green”) to web at cromaine.org as soon as possible—*position applications
received prior to June 15 preferred; applications accepted until filled.
Find the full job description at www.cromaine.org/job-board
<http://www.cromaine.org/job-board> .*

--
Cecilia Ann Marlow.