[Michlib-l] Full Time Library Asst I (cataloger) Position at HDL apply by 11/20

Kelli Perkins kperkins at herrickdl.org
Fri Nov 15 12:42:14 EST 2019

We have a full time opening for a Library Assistant I who provides copy and original cataloging for the main library and branch. Details below.

https://herrickdl.org/content/jobs-hdl

Jobs at HDL | Herrick District Library<https://herrickdl.org/content/jobs-hdl>
HERRICK DISTRICT LIBRARY. There are no job openings at this time. Email to: jobs at herrickdl.org Mail to: Herrick District Library Attention: Director
herrickdl.org

HERRICK DISTRICT LIBRARY

11/13/19

Library Assistant I – Collection and Digital Services

$16.35 per hour plus benefits

General Summary

Herrick District Library has an opening for a full time Library Assistant in the Collection and Digital Resources Department. This full-time para-professional library position performs a range of work which requires careful attention to detail, and the ability to understand, interpret and apply principles of cataloging. Under immediate supervision, handles the process of copy cataloging, original cataloging and other technical processing functions. Creates, edits and uploads records. Classifies non-fiction and assists with processing. Performs Sierra data exchange functions for acquisitions. Gathers statistical data. Assists with acquisition of digital materials.

A successful candidate will enjoy working with data and cataloging functions and will excel at self-directed time management. Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree, excellent computer/technology skills and a positive attitude.  Previous copy cataloging experience is desired.

Hours for this position are:

Monday – Friday      8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Occasional Sundays 1:00 pm- 6:00 pm

Position includes excellent benefits package.

Please submit resume and application form no later than 4:00 pm, November 20th, 2019 to:

jobs at herrickdl.org<mailto:jobs at herrickdl.org>

or

Library Director

Herrick District Library