[Michlib-l] Fw: LITA ITAL : Public Libraries Leading the Way submissions

Steven Bowers sbowers at wayne.edu
Thu Nov 21 15:43:58 EST 2019

If anyone in public libraries is interested in submitting a tech idea.

________________________________

We only have 3 proposals (from 2 individuals) so far. I've just sent a reminder of the call for proposals to LITA-L, Web4Lib, and Code4Lib. Please...
[American Library Association] <https://connect.ala.org>

Information Technology and Libraries<https://ejournals.bc.edu/ojs/index.php/ital/index> (ITAL), the quarterly open-access journal published by ALA's Library Information Technology Association, is looking for contributors for its regular "Public Libraries Leading the Way" column. This column highlights a technology-based innovation or approach to problem solving from a public library perspective. Topics we are interested in include the following, but proposals on any other technology topic are welcome.

  *   3-D printing and makerspaces

  *   Civic technology

  *   Drones

  *   Diversity, equity, and inclusion and technology

  *   Privacy and cyber-security

  *   Virtual and augmented reality

  *   Artificial intelligence

  *   Big data

  *   Internet of things

  *   Robotics

  *   Geographic information systems and mapping

  *   Library analytics and data-driven services

  *   Anything else related to public libraries and innovations in technology

To propose a topic, use this brief form<https://forms.gle/LWgLeaRtPWAuadgm9>, which will ask you for three pieces of information:

  *   Your name

  *   Your email address

  *   A brief (75-150 word) summary of your proposed column that describes your library, the technology you wish to write about and your experience with it.

Columns are in the 1,000-1,500 word range and may include illustrations. These will not be research articles, but are meant to share practical experience with technology development or uses within the library. Proposals are due by November 30, and selections will be made by December 15.

If you have questions, contact Ken Varnum, Editor, at varnum at umich.edu.

Sincerely,
Ken Varnum, Editor
Information Technologies and Libraries