[Michlib-l] Seed Library Summit!

Pam Quackenbush pquackenbush at lyon.lib.mi.us
Wed Oct 2 12:48:42 EDT 2019

In case you missed the first post, we are excited to announce the First Annual Michigan Seed Library Summit ! It will be held at the Lyon Township Public Library on October 13 , 2019 from 10 am to 3 pm.
If you manage, steward, or maintain a seed library , or want to create a seed library in your community, we would love to have you join us! This is your chance to meet your fellow seed librarians in person and share your successes, challenges, and good ideas!
We will have round-table discussions about the following topics:
Sources for seed donations
Packaging ideas, displaying, and storing seeds ( Please bring samples of your seed packets, pictures of your seed library, and anything else you feel would be of interest to other seed librarians)
Improving the return rate of borrowed seeds
Supporting your seed library with programming
Youth outreach and programming
Marketing your seed library
Report from the 2019 Heirloom Expo/ Seed Library Summit in Santa Rosa, CA

Well known speaker and author Ben Cohen will be in attendance, and we all value his experience helping to open seed libraries all over Michigan! Ben (aka Bevin) has written two books, the most recent of which is "Saving Our Seeds: The Practice and Philosophy." He will autograph copies to purchase if you want one for your library or yourself, and his books are also available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Ingram.
Ben has promised to bring seeds to share! If you also have surplus seeds, please bring them along. You can swap with your fellow seed librarians or share with a seed library that is still getting off the ground.

There is no cost for this event. If you haven't already, please email me if you are planning on attending so I can get a head count.
LTPL will provide bagels, snacks, and drinks. Please bring a brown bag lunch, or, if you prefer, food is available for delivery. If you want to bring something to share, please do!
The address is 27005 Milford Road, South Lyon, Michigan 48178. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to be involved in any way.
Please join us and start what we hope will be an annual tradition!

Please visit the Michigan Seed Libraries Facebook page at [ https://www.facebook.com/groups/368991503478080/ | https://www.facebook.com/groups/368991503478080/ ]
and our LTPL Grows! Facebook page at [ https://www.facebook.com/lyontwplibrary/ | https://www.facebook.com/lyontwplibrary/ ]

Pam Quackenbush
Library Technician
Lyon Township Public Library
27005 Milford Road
South Lyon, MI 48178
[ callto:248-437-8800 | 248-437-8800 ] ext 617
[ mailto:pquackenbush at lyon.lib.mi.us | pquackenbush at lyon.lib.mi.us ]
lyon.lib.mi.us