[Michlib-l] Copies of Beloved?

Tekedra Lofton tlofton at ci.taylor.mi.us
Tue Oct 15 09:52:58 EDT 2019

Hey, all,

This message came across my FB feed this morning. Any libraries out there
have any gently used copies bound for the recycling bin? Maybe send them
over to Cass instead?
--------------------------------

Soooo ... I told my seniors to get *Beloved* at the start of the school
year. I reminded them several times. I told them I don’t have enough copies
to loan so get it if you can. Now - I sent them a message last night that
if they need to borrow a copy, they need to come see me BEFORE 1st hour. (I
only have about 45-50 copies and I have 155 seniors.) So many still needed
the book a bunch of them got to school before I did at 7:30 to make sure
they got a copy. This is what I had left at the end of 1st hour. If anyone
out there in cyber space wants to mail me your old copy - or buy a copy
from Amazon and send as a gift to me to the school, the address is Vicki
Green, c/o Cass Technical High School, Detroit, MI 48201. I’d be sooo happy
to get like 25-30 more copies. Help me help the kids.