[Michlib-l] Screen Time, On-Screen Violence resources?

Patrick McGinnity island.library at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 14:11:47 EDT 2019

Hello all,
Our Board is concerned about children in the library playing Roblox and
other online interactive games, especially those that are quite violent.
We've gone back and forth about restrictions and the like, and settled on
looking into having a presentation of some sort for parents and perhaps
kids or some other sort of outreach to at least start a local conversation
about it. I know these are somewhat murky waters. Has anyone heard of or
seen anything that might fit the bill? Any advice on how to approach this
would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Patrick S. McGinnity, Director
Beaver Island District Library