[Michlib-l] UPCOMING WORKSHOP - Putting It in Print: Publishing Your History Book - October 25

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Mon Oct 21 10:27:51 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D3F289.3AED06D0

Upcoming Workshop • Friday, October 25

Putting It in Print:

Publishing Your History Book

with David Hilberer & Jonnie Bryant, McNaughton & Gunn

Seating is limited! Reserve your spot now.

Workshops start at 9 a.m. at

the Historical Society of Michigan’s

NEW BUILDING!

7435 Westshire Dr., Lansing, Michigan.

Participants can “attend” remotely too.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on our website.

Have you wanted to produce a history book, but do not know where to begin? The presenters will take you through all the steps of creating a book, including defining the scope, researching and writing, creating financial goals, gathering illustrations, defining the market, printing, and marketing the volume to the public.

Participants can “attend” remotely, if they prefer. If you can watch and listen to a video on Facebook or YouTube, you can attend our workshops remotely! See our website for full details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on our website.

cid:image006.jpg at 01D3F289.3AED06D0

cid:image007.jpg at 01D3F289.3AED06D0

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state’s oldest cultural organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming, and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote Michigan’s rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit  <http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at  <mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

7435 Westshire Drive • Lansing, MI 48917

Phone: (517) 324-1828 • FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full descriptions of each workshop.

Friday, November 8

Byte-Size Collections II: Digitizing AV Documents

Friday, November 22

Renovation SOS: Respectful Rehabilitation of Your Old House

Friday, December 6

Getting Seen and Being Heard: Marketing for Small Historical Organizations

Participants can “attend” remotely, if they prefer. If you can watch and listen to a video on Facebook or YouTube, you can attend our workshops remotely! Details for remote connection will be provided. (Remote access is not available for off-site workshops.)

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Historical Society of Michigan’s NEW BUILDING, 7435 Westshire Dr., Lansing, Michigan (unless otherwise noted).

If you are a Household member of HSM or represent an organization that itself is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Household membership.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state’s history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with “remove” in the subject line. If you received this

e-mail as part of your participation in the Michlib-l mailing list (listserv), please follow their removal process.