[Michlib-l] 2020 Census and my library

Andrea Estelle aestelle at otsegolibrary.org
Tue Oct 29 11:26:43 EDT 2019

Hi Lavonne, yes Roger is right. We talked about this at the Coop Director Orientation last week. Check this out from State Aid Application Process packet, p. 2:

ii. A public library that does not comply with personnel requirements due to a change in class level following the application of a decennial census may receive state aid if the personnel continue to present valid certificates and were employed before the library received notification of the change in class level. When a person employed before the change in class level leaves the position, the position shall be filled in accordance with the personnel requirements in order for the library to receive state aid.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/State_Aid_to_Public_Libraries_Application_Process_544008_7.pdf

Andrea Estelle, MLIS

Brighten the Corner Where You Are!

Library Director  ·