[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation

sjackman at milfordlibrary.info sjackman at milfordlibrary.info
Wed Oct 30 15:16:29 EDT 2019

Hello all,

Last night we hosted reporter and author Karen Dybis. She gave a talk on her book The Witch of Delray: Rose Veres & Detroit's Infamous 1930s Murder Mystery.

The talk checks off a lot of our community's favorite subjects: Michigan history, true crime and the idea of women behaving badly. I arranged to have this program intentionally near Halloween in light of the book's title. We had great attendance for the program. Miss Dybis was very engaging, balancing the facts of the case with humor and insight. People left the event thanking me for having her.

I definitely recommend you host Miss Dybis yourself. If The Witch of Delray doesn't peak your patrons' interest, she's written three other books, all having to do with Michigan history. Her website with details on her other books and a contact form is linked below.

https://www.karendybis.com/contact-1

Stephen Jackman
Adult Services Librarian
Milford Public Library