[Michlib-l] Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA) 2020 Annual Conference Call for Breakout Session Proposals

heather at miala.org heather at miala.org
Thu Oct 31 15:22:29 EDT 2019

Forwarded on behalf of the MiALA Annual Conference Planning committee.
Excuse posting to multiple lists. Please forward to anyone who may be
interested in this information!

Grounded and Growing

The need to grow and change is a constant for libraries as we respond and
adapt to our evolving academic environments. As we celebrate 5 years of
MiALA and look towards the future of the organization, we will explore the
ways academic libraries are initiating and managing change, not just
redefining and reevaluating, but growing from a place that is grounded in
our strengths and aligned with community needs. How do we continue what is
working and critically examine and pivot from what is not?

MiALA invites you and your colleagues to submit presentation proposals for
the 5th annual conference to be held May 14-15, 2020 at Ferris State
University. Participation from librarians, library staff, LIS students, and
administrators from all types of academic libraries is encouraged.  MiALA
membership is not required to submit a proposal. We welcome proposals on any
topic related to academic libraries, including, but not limited to:

*	Access Services
*	Accessibility
*	Administration
*	Assessment and Evaluation
*	Budgets
*	Cataloging and Metadata
*	Collections
*	Critical Librarianship
*	Distance or Online Learning
*	Education and Curriculum
*	Electronic Resources
*	Fine Arts
*	Health Sciences
*	Instruction and Information Literacy
*	Leadership
*	Michigan Alma
*	Mid-Level Management
*	Open Educational Resources
*	Outreach
*	Research Services or Reference
*	Residency
*	Resource Sharing
*	STEM
*	Technical Services
*	Technology
*	User Experience
*	Web Development and Design

We are seeking the following presentation formats:

*	Presentations (40 min.)
*	Panels (40 min.)
*	Moderated group discussions or mini-workshops (40 min.) The
committee is particularly interested in proposals that include interactive
or active learning components.
*	Mini-presentations (20 min.)

****Prior to submitting your proposal, please review the information
provided on the  <https://miala.org/annual_conference_breakout_ses.php>
Breakout Session Guidelines page.****

Please submit your breakout session proposal using the
<https://www.memberleap.com/members/form.php?orgcode=MALA&fid=1701925>
application form located here by December 11th, 2019. The primary contact
listed on each proposal will receive a message indicating receipt of the
proposal when it is submitted and decisions on proposals will be
communicated to the primary contact by Monday, January 11th, 2020.

Questions about proposals can be sent to Jessica Hronchek
<mailto:hronchek at hope.edu> hronchek at hope.edu. Questions about the conference
in general can be sent to  <mailto:conference at miala.org>
conference at miala.org.