[Michlib-l] Job posting

Lisa Waskin lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us
Fri Sep 27 09:50:18 EDT 2019

I have been asked to share this post for any interested individuals:

Dear all, please excuse any cross posting. I appreciate you sharing this
position with people you think would be good candidates:

If you are a friendly, energetic, collaborative leader who enjoys connecting
with all kinds of people, The Urbana Free Library needs you to be our
Director of the Champaign County Historical Archives! You will work with
amazing Library staff, volunteers, graduate students, and community
partners. The Champaign County Historical Archives (CCHA) is a department of
the Library that maintains a research-level collection on the history and
genealogy of Champaign County and its residents. The CCHA has diverse and
outstanding collections, including over one million photographs; 25,000
books and journals; 500 maps; 250 oral histories; newspapers, newsletters,
directories, and yearbooks; and The Chanute Air Museum's archival holdings
of photographs, scrapbooks, blueprints, base publications, and more.

The Library has been serving our community for over 145 years - we have a
rich history and a bright future. The Library has a budget of $4.6 million,
and of that, the CCHA has a budget of $310,000. Urbana is a micro-urban
community of 41,500 people who represent a broad mix of cultural,
educational, and economic backgrounds. Our devoted and talented staff serve
patrons of all ages and backgrounds, from professors and college students to
those with no computer at home; teens and preteens; job seekers, retirees,
and recent immigrants. Job Posting

The job posting will be considered open until it is filled, but for fullest
consideration, each applicant must submit the following using the online
application by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, October 23, 2019:
https://www.applitrack.com/urbanaillinois/onlineapp/default.aspx?AppliTrackJ
obID=303&ref=

Best,

Celeste

***********************************

Celeste Choate

Executive Director of The Urbana Free Library

210 West Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801

217-531-7050

celeste at urbanafree.org

http://urbanafreelibrary.org/