[Michlib-l] Successful Curbside Pickup Services: Best Practices

Andrea Ingmire aingpwpl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:19:22 EDT 2020

Hi all,
Looking for feedback from any library who ran a successful curbside pickup
process prior to EO 2020-20 when all of that had to cease.

I'd love to hear how you addressed these questions:

   1. Did you impose limits on # of titles for pickup/patron?
   2. Did you have a family pack, or some other librarian collected set of
   picture books by topic to offer families who may not have time to place
   individual titles on hold?
   3. Any advice on how to stagger pickup appointments, or how to encourage
   folks to spread out while waiting for pickup?
   4. What about your ILS generated holds notifications? Did you change
   messages with new instructions regarding curbside pickup?
   5. Any other helpful tips, or even things that didn't work for you?

We were focused on getting previously requested holds out for people, so we
didn't get an actual curbside system setup, and I'd like to be ready for
offering this as soon as we get the green light to open in some capacity.

Thanks!
Andrea

*Andrea IngmireLibrary DirectorPeter White Public Library*
(906) 226-4303 (office)
(906) 250-0080 (cell)
(906) 226-1783 (fax)
*http://pwpl.info/ <http://pwpl.info/>*