[Michlib-l] April 22 radio interview with Baldwin's Jeff Jimison about COVID-19 project

Doug Koschik Doug.Koschik at baldwinlib.org
Thu Apr 23 12:49:15 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

https://youtu.be/OAijE5m9Gaw

As I wrote at the end of March, Baldwin's Idea Lab (i.e., makerspace) has
become involved in the production of face shields and other PPE for
first-line responders. Jeff Jimison, the Idea Lab's supervisor, is
spearheading the project.

The link above is to a 16-minute-long interview with Jeff. It provides a
lot of information not only about the production of COVID-19 personal
protection equipment, but also about Baldwin's Idea Lab in general.

Individuals and organizations have been very generous in their support of
this project. The Baldwin Public Library Trust has so far received
approximately $30,000 in donations for it. I want to thank especially those
from the library community who have graciously donated.

As are all of you, Baldwin is continuing to provide a wide array of library
services to the public during the shutdown--but by using alternate means,
especially digital. We're also proud, however, that we are providing
practical assistance to hospitals, fire departments, senior centers, etc.,
during this pandemic.

I hope that all of you are staying well.

Doug

--
Doug Koschik
Director