[Michlib-l] Responses 'Staff Furloughs and Layoffs During Mandatory Closure'

Madeline Lank Madeline.Lank at FarmLib.org
Thu Apr 30 13:56:50 EDT 2020

Hello all,

Thank you very much to the 44 Libraries who responded to my survey questions so quickly and with lots of detail.  Your help has been greatly appreciated!

Given the scale of responses, I have attached a spreadsheet summary of the feedback; the 2018-2019 Michigan Public Statistics report (from which I got supplementary information), and a document listing additional information which could not be easily put into spreadsheet form.

If you have any questions, contact me at my personal e-mail, 946401 at gmail.com.

For more information on Farmington's situation, you can read about the most recent board meeting here<https://farmingtonvoice.com/farmington-library-trustees-discuss-furloughs-benefits/>.

If you would like to respond to the survey, the question are listed below  my email signature.  All responses should be sent to my personal email, 946401 at gmail.com.

Thank you all again for your time and interest,

Maddy - Madeline Lank
Furloughed Children's Librarian, 12 Mile Location
Farmington Community Library
32737 W. 12 Mile Rd. Farmington Hills, MI 48334-3302
madeline.lank at farmlib.org

Hello,

I'm collecting information in advance of a Board of Directors meeting about how Michigan libraries are continuing to pay staff now that the Stay at Home order has been extended, specifically regarding furloughs and layoffs.  Most of Farmington Community Library was placed on furlough on Friday, and we're trying to figure out if other libraries are doing something similar.

If you are willing, please respond to the following questions:

  1.  Have any staff members been furloughed or laid off since the Stay at Home order (3/24/2020)?
  2.  ?Should the Stay at Home order be extended,  would furloughs or lay-offs be considered?
  3.  What (if any) adjustments have been made to your budget since 3/24/2020?
  4.  What type of library are you (city, district, etc.)??