[Michlib-l] Five Additional MAP Partner Destination Venues Now Open

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 5 09:45:48 EDT 2020

Good Morning,

I am pleased to share the news that five of our MAP partner destination venues that had been closed, are now open and ready to welcome MAP visitors! The five are:

Art Experience
Arts & Scraps
Beaumier Upper Peninsula Heritage Center
Holocaust Memorial Center
Whaley Historic House Museum

This brings the total number of currently active MAP partner destinations to 408. Please note that a number of our "up north" MAP partner destinations, those that are open only during summer vacation/tourist season, have opted to not open to visitors, MAP or otherwise, in 2020. Here's to them being ready to go with MAP again in 2021!

Please understand that as is the case with life in general today, the MAP world is a constantly changing and evolving one. Today's MAP destination openings could be followed by tomorrow's MAP destination closings. We do our best to keep you (and the MAP website) up to date with these changes. But as it is not realistic for us to be able to check the daily status (open or closed) of 408 MAP partner destination venues, we cannot emphasize strongly enough that when you get MAP related questions from patrons, please, please, please remind them to call ahead to their destination of choice, prior to venturing out. All of us know that few things are as annoying as to show up at a destination, be that a restaurant or a store or a MAP venue, that advertises they are open on their website or social media page, only to find it closed. And of course, all indoor and likely many outdoor MAP partner destination venues have Covid-19 related restrictions of one type or another in place, ranging from mask usage; to having to call ahead to make an appointment to visit; to having to reserve timed tickets; to setting aside certain hours of the day for vulnerable visitors only; to placing limits on the total number of visitors allowed at a certain time, etc. You know the drill. Again, call ahead.

On a related note, if you discover that a MAP partner destination in your community has opened (or closed), please help us out by letting us know. And as always if you are aware of a destination that is not a current MAP partner that you know would be a good "fit" for our program, by all means steer them our way. The public library is always one of the most highly respected institutions in any community. So perspective MAP destinations would much rather listen to a sales pitch from you, than from us.

Thank you for your promotion and support of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim F.

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager