[Michlib-l] Fact Finding Resources

Tamara Denby tdenby at clinton.lib.mi.us
Mon Aug 17 14:50:34 EDT 2020

It wasn't me, but here are a few (in case the person who posted in 2016
isn't a member of this listserve anymore):

I found this list here:
https://middlebury.libguides.com/internet/fact-checking

   - FactCheck.org <http://www.factcheck.org/>
   Annenberg Political Factcheck - a project of the Annenberg Public Policy
   Center. 'Monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major
U.S. political
   players.'
   - FactChecker (Washington Post)
   <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/>
   Weekly blog from the Washington Post.
   - PolitiFact.com <http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/>
   From the St. Petersburg Times and Congressional Quarterly.  Has a
   'Truth-O-Meter' scorecard checking the attacks on the candidates (includes
   explanations). Also see their Punditfact
   <http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/> page.
   - Snopes.com <http://www.snopes.com/>
   "Oldest and largest fact-checking site on the Internet".
   - PunditFact <https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/>
   "Dedicated to checking the accuracy of claims by pundits, columnists,
   bloggers, political analysts, the hosts and guests of talk shows, and other
   members of the media."